Forced Labor and Child Labor Principles
A statement to our loyal customers and valued suppliers:
Still in 2023, the International Labor Organization (ILO) estimates 25 million people around the world are trapped in forced labor (modern slavery), including over 4 million children. In some areas, child labor and forced labor rates are increasing.
Although Cutting Edge Power's solar generators and almost all of our other products are made in USA, there are a few components that we must source globally because they aren't available here. Some of these components may be sourced from areas affected by this problem. Therefore, Cutting Edge Power has adopted the following principles to reinforce its core value of treating all people with dignity and respect:
- It is unfortunate that there are so many electronic devices and components not made in USA (for example, a smart phone). Cutting Edge Power is committed to bringing innovation back to the United States and commits to design, manufacture and source as many components as we can from the USA.
- Cutting Edge Power will never tolerate child or forced labor in any of its global operations and facilities.
- We will not tolerate the exploitation of children, their engagement in unacceptably hazardous work, and the physical punishment, abuse, or involuntary servitude of any worker.
- For purposes of these principles, a “child” is anyone who is less than 14 years of age, as defined by the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Cutting Edge Power requires all vendors, suppliers and contractors with whom we do business to uphold the same standards. Should a violation of these principles become known, we shall discontinue the business relationship.
All current and future goods or services supply contracts will be modified to contain the following clause:
Child Labor and Forced Labor Prohibition
“[Contractor] hereby certifies that it is fully aware of the prohibition regarding the employment of children under 14 years of age pursuant to the Cutting Edge Power Labor Principles and on the prohibition on use of involuntary labor, human trafficked or slave labor pursuant to the Cutting Edge Power Forced Labor Principles (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Cutting Edge Power Principles”).
[Contractor] certifies that it does not currently employ, and will not in the future employ, directly or indirectly, or through any subcontractor, any child to perform work who is under 14 years of age, or 18 years of age in the case of hazardous work, in any of its operations or activities in a manner contravening Cutting Edge Power Principles or in violation of relevant laws and regulations. [Contractor] certifies that it, and its suppliers of goods and services, will not utilize persons under the age of 14, or 18 years of age for hazardous work, in contravention of the Cutting Edge Power Principles or in violation of relevant laws and regulations.
[Contractor] certifies that the workers it uses, and will use, to produce and supply the goods and services offered are in all cases present voluntarily. [Contractor] certifies that it and its suppliers of goods and services will not knowingly utilize prison, slave, human trafficked or forced labor as it is defined in the Cutting Edge Power Principles.
[Contractor] understands that these certifications and undertakings are essential to this contract. [Contractor] agrees to indemnify Cutting Edge Power and hold Cutting Edge Power harmless with respect to any violation of relevant laws and regulations, or for any civil liability arising from the contravention of the Cutting Edge Power Principles by [Contractor] or any of its suppliers of goods or services. [Contractor] also agrees that, in the event that Cutting Edge Power determines that a violation or contravention of relevant laws or regulations or the Cutting Edge Power Principles has occurred, Cutting Edge Power shall terminate this contract immediately, and such termination shall be with cause.”
We hope you join us to help eliminate global child and forced labor so we can appreciate each other as equals and encourage learning, creativity and innovation in young minds.