Inverter mounted on lid or near the top of the housing: Inverters mounted to the top of the solar generator housing with stainless/rubber sealing washers ensures they are the least likely component to get wet.
Solar charge controller with protective potting: The solar charge controllers used in Fortress models are encapsulated in a special flexible material. This material blocks out all water and allows the internal components to expand/contract with weather. In addition, it offers shock protection and distributes heat better to keep the electronics cool.
Special covers for air flow vents: Solar generators need to breathe. This means they need an air inlet and outlet. Fortress models have special covers that block rain or splashing water from entering.
Weep holes: If water enters the housing at any point, or if condensation occurs, weep holes allow water to escape.
- Heavy-duty dual industrial grade waterproof solar charge controllers, capable of handling up to 480W of solar panel input (480W @ 12V DC / 960W @ 24V DC). (Eco version: 240W max)
- External weatherproof 120V 3-prong receptacle installed (all models). If the "no inverter" version is ordered, the receptacle will not be connected to anything so you can install your own inverter.
- Pre-wired and ready to go: 5/16" ring battery terminals / Solar Panel connectors. No crimping, splicing, extra wiring needed.
- Padlock latches to lock the box closed
- Built-in short-circuit protection, open-circuit protection, reverse polarity protection, and over-load protection.
- 12V Socket with 30A circuit breaker.
- Perfect for marine, boat dock, trailer, or any long term outdoor application.
- Premium marine grade 200°C rated silicone insulated wire.
- Assembled in USA, Enclosure made in USA.
- All models except Eco:
- (2 pairs) Solar panel connectors - isolated, 240W max each x 2 = (480W max) / 50V DC max
- (1 pair) Solar panel connectors, 240W max / 50V DC max
- (1 pair)12V Post Terminals for connecting external devices or additional batteries
- (1) 12V socket
- Up to 1500W: (1) 3-prong receptacle, connected to inverter (if equipped)
- 2000W and over: (2) 3-prong receptacles, connected to inverter (if equipped)
- Charge controller environmental rating: IP68
- Inverter output voltage (if equipped): 110/120VAC
- Charge controller working temperature: -20°C to 50°C
- Enclosure internal dimensions (Standard Version): 26" L x 11-1/4” W x 11-1/2” H
- Enclosure external dimensions (Standard Version): 30"L x 14-1/4"W x 12-3/4"H
- Enclosure internal dimensions (Eco Version): 19.5"L x 12"W x 12"H
- Enclosure external dimensions (Eco Version): 24"L x 15"W x 13"H
- Weight: Eco: 15 lbs, 500W: 17 lbs, 1000W: 20 lbs, 1500W: 25 lbs, 2000W: 30 lbs, 3000W: 35 lbs
|INVERTER OPTION||FACTORY INSTALLED LITHIUM BATTERIES THAT CAN FIT (MORE BATTERIES CAN BE ADDED WITH OUR EXPANSION BOXES)|
|ECO VERSION (NO INVERTER OR 150W INVERTER)||4,800Wh|
|500W MOD SINE||6,000Wh|
|1000W PURE SINE||6,000Wh|
|1500W MOD SINE||6,000Wh|
|2000W MOD SINE||4,800Wh
|3000W PURE SINE||4,800Wh
An introduction to solar generators and Cutting Edge Power:
Solar generators are an excellent investment for hurricane / natural disaster preparation, backup power for your home, camping, tailgating, medical devices, refrigerators, air conditioners, construction equipment and tools, CPAP machines and more. Future maintenance of Cutting Edge Power products is easy with simple hand tools and off-the-shelf parts, unlike some solar generators that are worthless if one component fails. Designed in America and professionally wired in Houston, TX so you can rest assured you’ll have the best performing solar generator available.
Featuring our new high performance solar charge controllers, these solar generators can be used with virtually any battery on earth. Installing your own batteries is super easy: Just connect the supplied 5/16” ring terminal wires to your battery’s posts.
Cutting Edge Power lithium battery packs are welded, assembled and tested in Houston, TX. Even better, our lithium batteries are factory-installed when purchased with a solar generator. Our lithium batteries provide about +450% lifetime and +100% run time over traditional lead acid batteries. Plus, they’re about half the size.
More about our lithium batteries
SAFE. COMPATIBLE. POWERFUL.
Cutting Edge Power's wind and solar lithium-ion battery modules are the best way to pack more power and run time into a smaller space.* Leveraging the amazing performance of our lithium cells and the resulting smaller footprint, our battery modules provide up to +450% lifetime and +100% run time over traditional batteries!
The cells are imported from the most reputable cell manufacturers in the world that also supply Tesla and other high performance companies. Cells are arranged in plastic holders. These plastic holders are a custom in-house design and they're made in our shop. The cells are then welded together using a special machine designed and built by Cutting Edge Power! The plastic holders are then assembled and mounted inside your solar generator. All of this is done in Houston, TX.
Each cell array is continuously monitored by redundant Battery Management Systems (BMS), not just one like most battery manufacturers. If one module were to go out, you would still have the remaining modules in operation. The multiple BMS systems protect all cells against overcharging, overdischarging, as well as overcurrent. They also equalize all the cell voltages and keep the pack running cool.
PERFECT FOR SOLAR OR WIND TURBINE CHARGING.
Our lithium battery modules will be factory installed in any Cutting Edge Power solar generator when purchased together. Adding a lithium batteries to an existing Cutting Edge Power solar generator is as easy as ordering a pizza with our custom drop downs.
We call them modules, because our entire solar generator product line is modular. We understand sometimes you need testing before you know how many batteries you need. More battery modules can easily be added later and it only takes about 5 minutes.
We don’t believe in proprietary connectors or special permanent installations. No other connection or additional assembly on your part is required! Terminals on our battery modules allow you to quickly and easily replace old batteries. You can even replace our batteries with a different type or manufacturer!
*Why are they so small, what’s the catch?
Our battery cells were pioneered by the auto industry so they have a high energy density in order to keep cars lightweight and extend their range. This means a smaller battery pack can have up to 2x the run time as a standard SLA battery. Combining the small size and higher energy density, our batteries will maximize your run time in a compact solar generator!
DIYers love our lithium batteries for the small footprint, cool operating temperatures and high energy density!
Only our lithium batteries provide about +450% lifetime and +100% run time over traditional lead acid batteries. Plus, they can do this in about half the size!
Compared with traditional batteries, Cutting Edge Power lithium ion batteries have a higher run time, higher cycle lifetime, better power density and charge faster. They also weigh less than LiFePO4 and a single module can even provide a higher discharge rate than multiple SLA or LiFePO4 batteries! In wind and solar applications, our lithium batteries have proven to be superior against lead acid, NiCd, AND lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries.