Used in our premium solar generators, Cutting Edge Power's 3/8" (M10 compatible) post terminals are top quality! We combed the earth in search for the best quality post terminals for our solar generators that frequently see over 10kW and couldn't find any. So we designed our own!
These posts are 3D printed out of PETG, a high-temperature engineering plastic and include pre-installed heat-set brass inserts. The 3" long threaded rod and hex nuts are 100% brass for great electrical conductivity, corrosion resistance and heat dissipation. The thread size is 3/8-24 UNF (Not course thread) to ensure the best possible electrical bond.
Issues with other post terminals:
- Foreign material chemistry is unknown. Typically copper or brass plated with cheap (aluminum/steel) material underneath.
- Posts are too short - usually under 2", limiting terminal connection options.
- No grip: knurling for hand tightening isn't enough when you need to tighten the posts down.
- Metric sizes makes tooling and hardware compatibility difficult.
Our innovative solution:
- All current-carrying metal components are either 100% brass or 100% copper.
- 100% Brass rods, made in USA and cut to 3" length in Houston, TX allowing extra space for connections on the inside or outside of your electrical enclosure.
- Hex post can be hand tightened or tightened with a 1" wrench or socket.
- 3/8-24 UNF fine thread compatible with a 9/16" wrench or socket on the hex nuts.