- No unnecessary drilling required through your roof!
- Perfect for permanent or temporary installations.
- Includes 6" safety tether to prevent panel from sliding.
- Each mount is rated for 175 LBS holding force* (4 recommended per solar panel, 4 x 175 = 700 LBS total).
- Many different mounting possibilities.
- Assembled and quality checked in USA from domestic and foreign parts.
WATCH THIS GREAT REVIEW!
- Pre-assembled solar panel bracket(s), with stainless steel hardware
- 6" Safety tether to prevent brackets from sliding.
- Optional mounting: 1/8" thick steel zinc plated washers with countersunk hole (2 per bracket, for mounting on non-magnetic surfaces such as wood, composition shingles, etc.)
- Stainless steel 1/4" bolt(s), washer(s), and locknut(s) for mounting the bracket to your solar panel (1 set per bracket)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need to drill a hole in my roof to install these?
These solar panel mounts are designed for steel surfaces.
However, they are supplied with 1/8" thick washers. You don't have to use the washers, but they can be fastened to ANY surface, including wood, etc. If used, these washers will provide the 175 lbs of holding force on each mount. The washers have a countersunk hole that can be used to fasten them down. The magnetic mounts will attach to the washers.
Why are magnetic solar panel mounts better than other mounts?
One of the benefits and reasons one may decide to use magnetic solar panel mounts is to avoid any roof penetration which will inevitably cause a leak over time.
In doing so you must consider the following.
The mounts will only hold to steel, galvanized steel, zinc coated steel or similar. They will not hold to aluminum and attaching them to stainless steel is not recommended.
What if my roof is not metal?
For non metal roofs we recommend our popular ground mount system. Roof penetrations on composition shingle / wood roofs from solar panel rack mounts have been proven to cause leaks over time.
How many magnetic brackets do I need?
We recommend 4 per 100w panel, 6 per 200w panel and 8 per 300w panel.
If you aren't sure how strong the mounts would hold, we would recommend ordering one to test. Then you will be able to decide if you need additional mounts or if you need to return the one.
Will these work with an aluminum roof?
Unfortunately aluminum is not magnetic. However, it can be difficult to distinguish aluminum from steel or galvanized steel sometimes, especially if it's painted. We would suggest testing the surface with a refrigerator magnet.
Our technical English/Spanish support is always here to help you!
*The mounts are rated for 175 lbs each using the supplied washers. If your sheet metal is thinner, this rating will be reduced. If you have paint between the mounting surface and the magnetic solar panel mount, the rating will be reduced. And lastly, the 175 lb rating will also be reduced if you are mounting on a curved surface, such as a car or truck roof. If you aren't sure if our magnetic solar panel mounts are a good solution for your application, our suggestion is to try them out and if they don't hold up to your expectations, we accept free returns within 30 days. Always use the supplied safety tether. Cutting Edge Power Inc. cannot be held responsible for any damage or personal injury caused by the use/misuse of this product.
- solar panels
Id give it 6 stars if I could
These magnets are incredibly strong, I have full confidence that the solar panels on the roof of my car will not fall off. I drove up to 90 miles per hour and they did not budge in the slightest. The tether they include is nice can be used for extra safety and also help prevent theft.
Brackets work great.
Brackets work great.
Magnetic Solar Panel Mount Bracket, 700 lbs, for sheds, roofs, cars, trailers
Not yet used but looks made good