- No unnecessary drilling required through your roof!
- Perfect for permanent or temporary installations.
- Includes 6" safety tether to prevent panel from sliding.
- Each mount is rated for 175 LBS holding force* (4 recommended per solar panel, 4 x 175 = 700 LBS total).
- Many different mounting possibilities.
- Assembled and quality checked in USA from domestic and foreign parts.
WATCH THIS GREAT REVIEW!
- Pre-assembled solar panel bracket(s), with stainless steel hardware
- 6" Safety tether to prevent brackets from sliding.
- Stainless steel 1/4" bolt(s), washer(s), and locknut(s) for mounting the bracket to your solar panel (1 set per bracket)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why are magnetic solar panel mounts better than other mounts?
Experience the advantages of our magnetic solar panel mounts, designed with the primary aim of eliminating the risk of roof leaks caused by penetrations over time. This innovative solution is an ideal choice for those seeking a secure and damage-free installation.
Our magnetic mounts are specifically designed for compatibility with steel, galvanized steel, and zinc-coated steel surfaces. Unfortunately, they are not suitable for aluminum surfaces, and we strongly advise against their use with stainless steel.
What if my roof is not metal?
For non metal roofs we recommend our popular ground mount system. Roof penetrations on composition shingle / wood roofs from solar panel rack mounts have been proven to cause leaks over time.
How many magnetic brackets do I need?
We recommend 4 per 100w panel, 6 per 200w panel and 8 per 300w panel.
If you aren't sure how strong the mounts would hold, we would recommend ordering one to test. Then you will be able to decide if you need additional mounts or if you need to return the one.
Will these work with an aluminum roof?
Unfortunately aluminum is not magnetic. However, it can be difficult to distinguish aluminum from steel or galvanized steel sometimes, especially if it's painted. We would suggest testing the surface with a refrigerator magnet.
*The mounts are rated for 175 lbs each when mounting to a 1/8" thick steel surface. If your sheet metal is thinner, this rating will be reduced. If you have paint between the mounting surface and the magnetic solar panel mount, the rating will be reduced. And lastly, the 175 lb rating will also be reduced if you are mounting on a curved surface, such as a car or truck roof. If you aren't sure if our magnetic solar panel mounts are a good solution for your application, our suggestion is to try them out and if they don't hold up to your expectations, we accept free returns within 60 days. Always use the supplied safety tether. Cutting Edge Power cannot be held responsible for any damage or personal injury caused by the use/misuse of this product.