The Twister Mini Wind Turbine is designed to be ultra-portable and can collapse down to fit in the back seat of a car. When deployed, the turbine can be easily raised up to 12 feet tall in a matter of minutes. A simple and quick to assemble wind generator is extremely useful in all kinds of applications – from camping, to tailgating, to natural disaster relief. It’s available with a 12V DC output or USB output to charge any phone, tablet, etc.
Here’s how it works:
The new Twister is able to thread onto any standard construction extension pole (like a paint roller extension, etc). You can order it included in the kit or you can use your own. If you order the kit, it also includes a guy wire ring as well as guy wires and stakes to stabilize the pole. The video explains it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw8_21nfVe8
Being able to raise the turbine higher up allows you to get the maximum power out of your mini wind turbine. Your tech friends will definitely be impressed.
- Rotor type: Horizontal axis
- Generator type: 12 Volt DC or USB
- Voltage output:
- 12V output: 0-30V DC for charging a 12V battery
- USB output: 5V @ 2A max
- Maximum Generator Output: 15 watts
- Turbine Weight: 1 lb
- Cut in wind speed:
- High performance blade: Approximately 6 mph*
- 3 Blade: Approximately 5 mph*
- 5 Blade: Approximately 4 mph*
- Pole thread: 3/4" ACME thread
- Designed, assembled and quality checked in USA
ITEMS INCLUDED WITH JUST THE WIND TURBINE:
- Wind turbine (Including housing, generator and propeller/blade(s)
- 12V male cigarette socket attached with 3 feet cable.
- USB receptacle for charging phones, tablets, etc.
ITEMS INCLUDED WITH POLE OPTION:
- Above items
- Twist lock telescoping pole, 4-8 Ft or 6-12 Ft
- Guy wire ring
- (3) Guy wires (high visibility reflective safety rope)
- (3) Aluminum stakes
*Charging data determined by actual test results in an engineering wind tunnel. Your results may vary depending on wind velocity, wind direction and other factors.