Don’t waste your solar panels with an off-grid system!
Cutting Edge Power's simple solution for today's solar power generation.
How does it work?
- Connect your battery and solar panels (not included). Then plug the battery box into your 110/120V wall outlet. Your work is done here. Everything else is autonomous!
- The hybrid battery box’s first priority is charging your battery. It will only charge until the battery reaches maximum voltage (Typ 13.0V, adjustable).
- Once the battery is full, all extra power will be sent back to the grid.
- The battery charge voltage will be maintained and ready to go.
- If/When you lose the grid connection, the on-grid inverter will be turned off, and the off-grid inverter can be used.
Don’t waste your solar panels with an off-grid system:
- Have power storage for emergencies, camping, tailgating, etc AND have the ability to send power back to the grid when you’re at home.
- Plug and Play, no splicing, crimping, or soldering required.
- 3 prong wall outlet connector
- 5/16” battery ring terminal connectors
- Perfect for on-grid or off-grid use at home, industrial use, commercial use, tailgating, camping, emergency power outages, etc.
- Premium components like 200°C silicone insulated wire, efficient charge controller, and rugged enclosure.
- Built-in short-circuit protection, open-circuit protection, reverse polarity protection, and over-load protection.
- Assembled in USA with technical support in USA.
Terms used in this listing:
Grid: When we refer to the grid, we are referring to the transmission system for electricity in America. Specifically, residential/commercial 120VAC/1PH/60HZ connections. This product includes a pure sine 48-62HZ grid tie inverter. It may work in other countries such as Canada, Mexico, South America, and Europe, but it has not been tested in these regions.
Cutting Edge Power does not make any claims or guarantees regarding power sent back to the grid or a reduced electric bill. Sending power back to the grid is different with every electric provider. In most cases, the relatively small amount of power “sent back” to the grid will in fact be consumed within the same residence, thus, never actually be sent to the grid. Meaning, your electric bill should go down. If you intend to sell power back to your electric provider, you must contact them as there are many rules and regulations and Cutting Edge Power cannot be responsible for knowing all the regulations in every jurisdiction.
Maximum on-grid power output: 2000W @ 120VAC
- Plug into wall outlet
- Dual 1000W grid tie pure sine wave inverters (8.3A each x 2, 120VAC back to the grid!)
Maximum off-grid solar input (charge controller): 40A DC (600W @ 12V / 1200W @ 24V) [ Optional upgrades available - drop downs when adding to cart ]
Maximum off-grid power output: 2000W @ 120VAC
- (2) 3 prong outlets
- (4) smart USB ports (0-2.4A)
- Single 2000W continuous / 4000W max surge Pure sine wave inverter
Solar panel input power: 120W minimum
Solar panel input voltage range: 45V VOC max
Battery nominal voltage: See options
Battery requirement: Deep Cycle Lead Acid, AGM, GEL, Lithium 3S, Lithium LiFePO4
Working temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
Grid power voltage requirement: 90-140VAC (Typ 110-125 VAC), automatically detected
Grid power frequency requirement: Typical 48-62Hz, automatically detected
- (3) Household 110/120VAC / 1PH / 60 HZ 3-prong outlet, pure sine
- Maximum continuous power output: 2,000W
- Maximum surge power output: 4,000W
- (3) USB 5VDC / 2A
- (1) 12V socket, 30A (360W max output)
- Grid Tie connection: 3 prong (plugs into standard 3 prong outlet)
- (2) Solar panel connector pair
- Enclosure internal dimensions: 20.5" L x 12.375" W x 9.5" H
- Enclosure external dimensions: 25" L x 18" W x 19" H
An introduction to solar generators and Cutting Edge Power:
Solar generators are an excellent investment for hurricane / natural disaster preparation, backup power for your home, camping, tailgating, medical devices, refrigerators, air conditioners, construction equipment and tools, CPAP machines and more. Future maintenance of Cutting Edge Power products is easy with simple hand tools and off-the-shelf parts, unlike some solar generators that are worthless if one component fails. Designed in America and professionally wired in Houston, TX so you can rest assured you’ll have the best performing solar generator available.
Featuring our new high performance solar charge controllers, these solar generators can be used with virtually any battery on earth. Installing your own batteries is super easy: Just connect the supplied 5/16” ring terminal wires to your battery’s posts.
Cutting Edge Power lithium battery packs are welded, assembled and tested in Houston, TX. Even better, our lithium batteries are factory-installed when purchased with a solar generator. Our lithium batteries provide about +450% lifetime and +100% run time over traditional lead acid batteries. Plus, they’re about half the size.
More about our lithium batteries
SAFE. COMPATIBLE. POWERFUL.
Cutting Edge Power's wind and solar lithium-ion battery modules are the best way to pack more power and run time into a smaller space.* Leveraging the amazing performance of our lithium cells and the resulting smaller footprint, our battery modules provide up to +450% lifetime and +100% run time over traditional batteries!
The cells are imported from the most reputable cell manufacturers in the world that also supply Tesla and other high performance companies. Cells are arranged in plastic holders. These plastic holders are a custom in-house design and they're made in our shop. The cells are then welded together using a special machine designed and built by Cutting Edge Power! The plastic holders are then assembled and mounted inside your solar generator. All of this is done in Houston, TX.
Each cell array is continuously monitored by redundant Battery Management Systems (BMS), not just one like most battery manufacturers. If one module were to go out, you would still have the remaining modules in operation. The multiple BMS systems protect all cells against overcharging, overdischarging, as well as overcurrent. They also equalize all the cell voltages and keep the pack running cool.
PERFECT FOR SOLAR OR WIND TURBINE CHARGING.
Our lithium battery modules will be factory installed in any Cutting Edge Power solar generator when purchased together. Adding a lithium batteries to an existing Cutting Edge Power solar generator is as easy as ordering a pizza with our custom drop downs.
We call them modules, because our entire solar generator product line is modular. We understand sometimes you need testing before you know how many batteries you need. More battery modules can easily be added later and it only takes about 5 minutes.
We don’t believe in proprietary connectors or special permanent installations. No other connection or additional assembly on your part is required! Terminals on our battery modules allow you to quickly and easily replace old batteries. You can even replace our batteries with a different type or manufacturer!
*Why are they so small, what’s the catch?
Our battery cells were pioneered by the auto industry so they have a high energy density in order to keep cars lightweight and extend their range. This means a smaller battery pack can have up to 2x the run time as a standard SLA battery. Combining the small size and higher energy density, our batteries will maximize your run time in a compact solar generator!
DIYers love our lithium batteries for the small footprint, cool operating temperatures and high energy density!
Only our lithium batteries provide about +450% lifetime and +100% run time over traditional lead acid batteries. Plus, they can do this in about half the size!
Compared with traditional batteries, Cutting Edge Power lithium ion batteries have a higher run time, higher cycle lifetime, better power density and charge faster. They also weigh less than LiFePO4 and a single module can even provide a higher discharge rate than multiple SLA or LiFePO4 batteries! In wind and solar applications, our lithium batteries have proven to be superior against lead acid, NiCd, AND lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries.