This is a nice, premium product, built with thick wires and great performance generator, prewired, ready to unpack and use. The blade is securely press fit on, and locked with set screws. Aerodynamic grooves on the blades create a thin turbulent boundary layer on the surface, which allows the blade to flow smoothly through the wind; Thick UV resistant housing and blade, tested in a real engineering wind tunnel. Different mounting types to suit your application.
- Easy to Install, Portable, & Safe.
- Includes built-in diode to prevent backfeed from battery.
- Can connect directly to any 12VDC battery. No charge controller is needed.
- Easily add on multiple turbines to increase the charging capacity.
- Easily add solar panels to the system using a 12V female plug splitter.
- Composite cover to protect the generator and wiring from the elements.
- Flush mount: Mounts to any wall or panel with (2) 1/8" holes.
- Pipe/tube mount: Mounts to a PVC or similar 3/4" pipe (Turbine mount hole inside diameter is 1.050"). A mounting clamp is supplied.
- Perpendicular pipe/tube mount: Mounts on a 1" to 1.25" diameter tube. (Some examples would be on a bicycle, gardening poles, etc.)
- Square mount: Includes special grooves to mount on 1/2", 3/4" or 1" square or rectangular tubing. (Some examples would be on an apartment balcony, sign post, etc.)
- Tripod Mount: Includes the mini turbine and a 50" tripod with carry bag. The mini turbine body is designed specifically to quick mount on the tripod.
- Rotor type: Horizontal axis
- Generator type: 12 Volt
- Voltage output: 0-30V
- Maximum Generator Output: 15 watts
- Turbine Weight: 1 lb
- Cut in wind speed:
- High performance blade: Approximately 6 mph*
- 3 Blade: Approximately 5 mph*
- 5 Blade: Approximately 4 mph*
- Survival wind speed: 45 mph
- Battery capacity (If equipped): 7 Ah
Items included with just the wind turbine:
- Wind turbine (Including body, generator and propeller/blade)
- 12V male cigarette socket attached
This item is still eligible for a 30% tax credit. And it's the perfect opportunity for you to learn and experience with wind energy.One of the ways the world will be powered in the future. These wind turbines performance as well as a big turbine, obviously you won’t get as much power out of these, but they work excellent. You can learn about wind from this item. It’s a good experiment.
Solar panels are also great, but they are limited to the sunlight, and they’re hard to move around, not as portable as the mini wind turbines. You can’t take a solar panel into a plane, but you won’t have that inconvenience with a mini turbine. Solar panels are also very fragile to try to travel with. Our minis are actually pretty rugged.
Please don't hesitate to ask us any questions you might have. We typically respond within 4 hours or less.
*Charging data determined by actual test results in an engineering wind tunnel. Your results may vary depending on wind velocity, wind direction and other factors.