A first of it’s kind, the Cutting Edge Power Inc. Smart Turbine was designed with simplicity in mind! Weighing in at less than 2lbs, throw it in the car or truck and take it on the road to the beach, camping, tailgating or wherever life goes because this turbine is built for portability and durability. Joining the Internet of Things revolution it features our Cutting Edge Power Smart Tech, a FREE Android / IOS app that you can use to monitor the turbine's output in real time. Easy pairing through your WiFi router or phone's hotspot, you can view the measured voltage, current (amps) and the power output (Watts). This Smart Turbine is truly the perfect gift for a "gadget guy"!
Requiring only minimal assembly (attaching blades to hub), this is a highly engineered premium product built with high quality parts. Assembled in the USA, many of the components are domestic, including the chip that makes it all happen - from Texas Instruments.
This Smart Turbine is the perfect tool if you are trying to determine if a larger turbine is feasible for your area. Using the real time data from our app, you can pinpoint exactly where your larger sized turbine should be located.
This Smart Turbine is also an excellent topic for academic discussion. Renewable energy and energy independence are the way of the future.
- Designed and assembled in Houston, TX and Dallas, TX, USA.
- Tough, thick UV resistant housing and blades tested in a real engineering wind tunnel.
- Voltage output filtered and regulated at 14.0 VDC using a high-tech controller so you don't have to worry about high voltages damaging your equipment.
- Automatic wiring slip ring so you don't have to worry about tangled wires.
- IP54 dust and water proof.
- Heavy duty Zinc-plated steel ball bearing for yaw movement, allows the turbine to adjust to any wind direction in a downwind configuration.
- Includes built-in diode to prevent back feed from battery.
- Wind Configuration: Downwind.
- Mount Hole Diameter: 1.06"
- Suggested Mount Tube:
- 3/4" PVC pipe (1.050" Actual outside diameter) schedule 40 or 80
- 3/4" steel pipe (1.050" Actual outside diameter) schedule 40
- Power Output:
- 14.0 VDC ± 0.5 V output regulated for charging 12VDC devices.
- USB, standard 5VDC 3A for USB charging phones, tablets, etc. Using the latest USB identification circuit, the USB output is perfectly compatible with iPhone, Android phones, iPad, etc.
- Maximum Generator Output: 33 watts
- Cut in Wind Speed:
- 5 Blade: Approximately 6 mph*
- 2 Blade: Approximately 9 mph*
- Blade Diameter: 18" Swept diameter
- Wi-Fi Requirement: Standard 2.4Ghz, internet access
- Survival Wind Speed: 45 mph
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 120°F
- Turbine Weight: 1 lb. 14 oz
- Cable dimensions: 3 feet.
ITEMS INCLUDED IN THE BOX:
- Wind turbine (Including body, generator and blades)
- USB LED light
- Manual download link
Please don't hesitate to ask us any questions you might have. We typically respond within 4 hours or less.
*Charging data determined by actual test results in an engineering wind tunnel. Your results may vary depending on wind velocity, wind direction and other factors.
Use of this Smart Turbine and/or our Cutting Edge Power app means you accept our Cutting Edge Power Inc Application Software License Agreement. To obtain a copy of this agreement, contact us or visit our web site.